Can you believe it is Xmas time already?!?!?
2015 has been a big year here at Sunspun
- We farewelled Jules and Jackie and welcomed Karen and Nicole.
- We welcomed Sue and Melinda as visiting teachers.
- A past member of our Sunspun Family, Kylie, released the first patterns for her label, Whisky Bay Woollens.
- We had our first off site stall at The Craft Sessions.
- Our huge Spring Clean Sale saw so much yarn heading home with many happy yarn folk!
- Cascade 220, a much loved yarn around the world, was added to our yarn range and it has been mega popular.
- We introduced several new yarns into our range – yarns from Zealana containing possum fibres – Heron and Air, Trapillo from Trap Art and Twig from Shibui just to name a few. Mmmm …..
- We had some interesting and entertaining blog posts – for example Craft on Film, Slow Craft, Knitting in Scotland and crafting in Paris – ooh la la!!
- We introduced our Magazine Subscription Service to ensure you always have the magazines you love.
- We held our first Summer Yarn Tasting – it was a full house with those eager to try some summer weight yarns. This may be the first of many ‘yarn tasting’ events. Shhh don’t tell anyone – it’s a secret!!
- Our new Sit & Yarn group has started. Feel free to join in on Friday mornings from 11am-1pm.
- We launched our very own youtube channel – Sunspun. Keep watch for more and more tutorials to be added.
- We held our first KAL/CAL – a shawl along – in fact, it is still going and you can still join in. Details in our ravelry group thread.
- We expanded our pattern range by releasing three new free patterns just in time for xmas – Mesh Scarf, Textured Summer Cushion and Grandmother’s Favourite Face Washer. For your convenience, we have included all the bits and bobs – fabric, buttons and cushion insert – in a kit for the Textured Summer Cushion. Expect more new patterns next year.
We have assembled two beautiful gift packs – a Knitter’s Care Pack and a Mitts Pack. We love these!
Both our ravelry group – Sunspun Fibre Folk – and Facebook page have been re-invigorated so feel free to follow our shenanigans in these places. You may even find something you would like to join in…..
Phew – as you can see – a busy, busy year …… but what fun we had!!
Our last day of trading for 2015 is Christmas Eve – Thursday 24th December. We will be open till our usual closing time – 5pm. We will be having a small break between Christmas and New Year and will re-open 10am Tuesday 5th January 2016. We will remind you, via Instagram and Facebook, closer to the date so you have a chance to grab any last minute things you may need to carry you over our ‘re-charge the batteries’ break!
The Sunspun Team
Amy, Karen and Nicole